FunFormKit is the most fun, family-oriented form validation and
generation package for Webware
in the entire world!
FunFormKit automates form handling in a number of ways:
FunFormKit is meant to be used with
Webware for Python,
a web application framework.
- Form validation:
- Fields can be validated, and if the values are valid the user
is given an error message and an opportunity to resubmit
- Value conversion:
- Simultaneously with validation, values can be converted. For
instance, an integer can be returned (and if the user doesn't
return an integer, they will be given an error message).
- HTML generation:
- Simple layout can be performed when a basic layout is given.
This layout is typically good enough for 75% of forms, probably more.
- HTML widgets:
- HTML has basic widgets, like text input, drop-down lists,
etc. FunFormKit introduces more complicated widgets which
but the programmer can use them like any other widget.
(A widget that I use often is OrderingField, which allows
the user to order a set of options)
- FunFormKit quotes all the of the input you give it. You
don't have to worry about double-quoting something, or in
laziness not quote something and later encounter a value
with a " in it.
- Thread safety:
- FunFormKit is designed to be reentrant, which is to say
that it is fundamentally thread-safe. While this does
not ensure that all portions of your form-handling system
are thread safe, it will tend to encourage a similar style
of programming. It also encourages a programming style
that accounts for the stateless nature of HTTP.